Pure aluminum and aluminum alloy are frequently used materials in a wide variety of industries due to their positive properties such as high corrosion resistance and high load-bearing capacity, all combined with a low weight. The wrought aluminum alloy EN AW-7050 has been specifically developed for components exposed to a high risk of corrosion and fatigue: It is mainly used in the aerospace industry, but also in mechanical engineering. Due to its excellent combination of high strength and toughness with high stress corrosion cracking resistance, the heat-treatable material WL 3.4144 is particularly recommended for key structural components. At robemetall you can obtain AlZn6CuMgZr in various temper states as well as numerous delivery forms.
EN AW-7050: Cover your material requirements with an expert – as your partner for high-performance materials, robemetall will supply you with WL 3.4144 quickly and always suited for your individual construction needs!
WL 3.4144: An overview of the aerospace aluminum alloy EN AW-7050
EN AW-7050 was specially developed for heavily stressed structural elements. The aluminum-zinc-magnesium alloy WL 3.4144 is particularly suitable for heavy plate applications as well as open die forgings and is used for the construction of fuselage frames, bulkheads or planking in the aerospace industry.
The properties of EN AW-7050 at a glance
- High mechanical strength
- Good crack resistance – especially for large thicknesses
- Good stress corrosion cracking resistance – also in short transverse direction
- Special resistance to peeling corrosion (in state T76)
- Low distortion during cutting fabrication of components
Due to its composition of comparatively high copper and zinc contents, welding for WL 3.4144 is only permissible to a limited extent.
If you need an aluminum alloy with very good weldability for your construction, we carry EN AW-6061 or EN AW-2024 clad and unclad, among others, in our product range – feel free to discuss your specific material requirements with our specialists!
EN AW-7050 in many delivery forms: The perfect solution from robemetall for every material request
As a reliable partner for high-performance materials, robemetall offers you the aluminum alloy EN AW-7050 in various delivery forms – thus, we reliably meet every material requirement of our customers.
Our delivery forms for WL 3.4144
- Aluminum plates
- Aluminum sheets
- Aluminum roundbars in all common diameters
- Aluminum profiles
Furthermore, we are also able to realize individual cuts of EN AW-7050 in our modern sawing center, e.g., round blanks or plates and sheets according to customer-specific requirements. For this purpose, we use water jet or saw cutting, depending on the requirements.
By means of heat treatment, various temper states with different properties can be generated for the alloy WL 3.4144. In our assortment we have for you:
- EN AW-7050-T74511 resp. WL 3.4144-T74511
- EN AW-7050-T7451 resp. WL 3.4144-T7451
- EN AW-7050-T7651 resp. WL 3.4144-T7651
We also have other aluminum alloys in stock. Hence, we are always able to offer you the right material for your construction needs.
Aluminum alloys in stock at robemetall:
- WL 3.4364 (EN AW-7075)
- WL 3.1354 (EN AW-2024 clad)
- WL 3.1364 (EN AW-2024 unclad)
- WL 3.3214 (EN AW-6061)
We will be happy to provide you with competent and needs-based support in selecting the right materials for your specific preferences – discuss your project’s requirements with our experts! You can reach us by phone at 06033 / 92 89 90, by e-mail or via our contact form!
|Material a in mm||Sample direction||0,2% Yield point [N/mm2]||Tensile strength [N/mm2]||Elongation at break A5 [%]||Hardness [HB]|
|6 ≤ a ≤ 25||L / LT||390||480||7||130|
|25 ≤ a ≤ 40||L / LT||390||470||6||130|
|40 ≤ a ≤ 63||L / LT||370||460||6||130|
|63 ≤ a ≤ 80||L / LT||350||440||6||130|
|80 ≤ a ≤ 100||L / LT||340||420||6||130|
|Cross-section [mm2]||0,2% Yield point [N/mm2]||Tensile strenght [N/mm2]||Elongation at break A5 [%]||Hardness [HB]|
|2000 ≤ x ≤ 8000||410||480||7||130|
EN AW-7050 & more: robemetall is your strong trading partner for high-performance materials in all specifications
With more than 35 years of experience, we have proven ourselves as a reliable contact for high-performance materials. We see ourselves as the extended arm of your purchasing department: Our wide range of products and our reliable services make it easier for you to acquire all the materials you need for your projects. Our customers’ satisfaction proves us right – convince yourself of the advantages of trading with robemetall!
- Everything from one source: At robemetall you not only receive aluminum alloys such as EN AW-7050 (WL 3.4144), EN AW-2024 or EN AW-7075 – we also offer stainless steel and titanium as well as special materials in the most diverse delivery forms. You can order the material you need from us not only in accordance with German standards, but also with international standards – thus, you can obtain all materials from a single source.
- Aerospace certification according to EN 9120:2018: One of our core competencies is supplying companies in the aerospace industry – with our certification and annual auditing according to EN 9120:2018 by TÜV NORD, we continuously demonstrate the high standards of our quality management. As a result, other industries with some of the highest quality standards (e.g., medical technology, automotive, etc.) also benefit from our range of products.
- Competent consulting: Our employees are excellently trained and continuously educate themselves through training courses. This means that we are always up to date with the latest technology. We can also advise you competently and in line with your requirements on the selection of materials such as EN AW-7050 (WL 3.4144) or suitable alternatives.
- Professional processing: Whether it is the rapid preparation of an offer in line with the market within one day or the fast delivery of your materials thanks to well thought-out warehousing and logistics – at robemetall you can always count on efficient and reliable processing.
Do you have any questions regarding our range of products, or do you need proficient advice on the aluminum alloy EN AW-7050 (WL 3.4144) as well as other materials? Contact us by phone at 06033 / 92 89 90, by e-mail or via our contact form – we are always glad to help!